WHAT IS THE HAVERHILL EDUCATION FOUNDATION?
HEF was established in 1990 to provide support for projects and programs in the Haverhill Public Schools that excite students to learn and increase academic achievement.
HEF is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The Haverhill Education Foundation (HEF) supports and promotes engaging, creative, and challenging projects and programs for Haverhill Public School students in order to enhance their educational experience.
WHAT THE FOUNDATION DOES
The Haverhill Education Foundation has been providing solutions to education needs through grants and private donations.
In support of our mission the foundation has:
- Attracted private funding for public education
- Provided over $10,000 in grants directly to teachers for classroom projects
- Raised matching funds for Discovery Club after-school & summer programs
- Supported Discovery Club / Team Haverhill collaboration to create five murals downtown
- Supported Silver Hill HMCS participation in Soles of Haverhill: Merry Mac
- Provided emergency Academic Bowl funding
- Donated books and materials to school libraries
- Supported the Write Away!! Contest for past ten years
- Provided technology at the high school and J.G. Whittier
- Supported Haverhill High School Moot Court Competition
- Supported Haverhill High School Model United Nations Competition
- Developed the first Haverhill High School/Haverhill Trade School Alumni Directory
- Coordinated the “Haverhill Goes Back to School” event
- Supported Haverhill High School Robotic Team