The Haverhill Education Foundation awarded 9 mini-grants in the Spring of 2019.
Applicants were asked to focus on project-based learning in all disciplines, grade level reading by fourth grade, development of youth leadership skills, visual arts, performing arts, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). The following projects received funding.
- Masterpiece for Middleschoolsers, JG Whittier Middle School
- Book Swap and Free Little Library, Pentucket Lake School
- Cisco Girls Power Tech, Haverhill High School
- Help Each Other Grow, Pentucket Lake School
- DIY Science, Nettle Middle School
- Math Event at New England Aquarium, Tilton School
- Guided Reading Books, Hunking School
- Using Robotics to Bring Geometry Alive
- Mindfulness Matters, JG Whittier Middle School